Sometimes, we like to make a big cake in the evening for the family gathering. But an event comes suddenly. And we find ourselves forced to store the cake but not for a long time.
For the triple layer cake that we will present to you today, it is possible covering it in plastic wrap until tomorrow. And you present it to your kids. This delicious waffle cake is suitable for breakfast.
We cover layers with pancake syrup to hold them together. so it’s easily cut the triple layer cake in slices. and it has an attractive look when we serve in the dish.
In the morning, for your breakfast prepare a cup of strong coffee, and bring a cool part of the triple layer cake. Have a nice breakfast. And don’t forget to share it with your lovers.
How to prepare the three cake layers?
- 8 tablespoons butter(without salt).
- 1/2 cup 110g brown sugar.
- 2 3/4 cups 345 g all-purpose flour.
- 1 1/2 cups 375 ml pure maple syrup.
- 3 large eggs.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 1/4 cups 310 ml buttermilk (or 1 cup whole milk).
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- 3 prepared waffles (How to make my own waffles?).
- 1 cup 250 ml Pancake syrup, to taste.
- 1 pat of salted butter about 1/2 tablespoon.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take three cylindric 8-inch pans, sprinkle them with flour baking spray.
- In a bowl, combine well the butter and brown sugar together. Pour maple syrup and whisk the eggs one at a time, mix well after each egg.
- In a large bowl, winnow baking powder, flour, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the first mixture, and strike to combine. Add the buttermilk and vanilla extract and strike until well mixed.
- Pour the final mixture into the three prepared pans. Put and press slightly your own waffle in each pan.
- Bake until golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. When done, transfer pans to a wire rack to cool.
- Place the first cake layer on a serving plate. Cover the cake with 1/4 cup pancake syrup. Add a second layer and repeat; top with the final layer and pour the remaining syrup on top.
- Store covered in plastic wrap.