Best Nanaimo Bars are ultra-indulgent. it’s the perfect crunchy biscuit for your morning tea. You will become addicted to chocolate when you taste these bars for the first time.
The special thing in these Chocolate bars is the custard filling, the biscuit base is also another character to distingue the flavor of the Best chocolate bars.
These Nanaimo bars are wonderful because they contain custard filling which gives them a good flavor, But also they have other ingredients to make this taste very delicious.
Topping with a chocolate biscuit base and chocolate ganache. Really, it is a special thing.
Ingredients that we need to prepare the Best Chocolate Nanaimo Bars
- Biscuit Base: you can use any kind of butter(salted or unsalted), for me I will use the salted one.
- Caster sugar: there is no problem if you use granulated sugar, but you have to stir long while you combine.
- Cocoa powder: Pick the best one for this recipe to get a good taste.
- Eggs: beat well the eggs before you add them to the warm chocolate mixture(one egg is sufficient).
- Biscuits: Any type you see that is suitable for you.
- Dehydrated coconut: This is unsweetened coconut. You can be shredded in its place.
- Cut almonds: Optional ingredient, but it adds a bit more texture in the biscuit base.
- Butter: make sure this butter is supple to be easy to cream into the mixture.
- Heavy cream.
- Custard powder: You can dispense to taste or replace it with Nutella.
- Vanilla extract: Choose your own vanilla extract.
- Chocolate: Use good quality dark cooking chocolate. It’s wonderful.
How to prepare the Best Chocolate Nanaimo Bars
- Add a heatproof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water, then add the butter, sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir until melted.
- Add the egg while whisking. The mixture will thicken instantly. Keep whisking for one minute. Take off the heat.
- Add digestives, coconut, and cut almonds to the bowl of a food processor and combine until the mixture is totally fine.
- Pour the mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix using a spatula until well combined.
- Bring a square baking tin and line the sides and bottom with baking paper. Then pour the mixture and highly press using your clean hands. Chill into the fridge.
- Add butter, custard powder, and cream to a mixing bowl. Mix using an electric hand mixer until well combined. Then add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and keep mixing.
- Add the mixture to the chilled baking tin and spread around evenly using a spoon. Chill in the fridge.
- Add the heavy cream and chocolate to a large mixing bowl and microwave. Stir each time until smooth.
- Pour into the cooled baking tin and spread around. Chill for a final hour. Slice and serve.