BEST TANDOORI CHICKEN MEAL – Tandoori chicken at its most delicious! Lemon juice, yogurt, and aromatic spices marinade chicken legs. It becomes very tender, juicy, moist, and amazingly delicious when baked in the oven.
— Salt- 1.5 tsp
— Lemon Juice- 3 tsp
— Ginger Garlic Paste- 1.5 tbsp
— Plain Curd- 6 tbsp
— Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 5 tsp
— Turmeric/Haldi – 1/4 tsp
— Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp
— Cumin Powder- 1/2 tsp
— Cardamom Powder- 1/2 tsp
— Roasted & powdered Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek leaves)- 1 tsp
— Salt- pinch
— Oil- 3 tbsp
— Butter or Oil for basting- 4-5 tbsp
Wash and pat dry the whole Chicken Legs.
Now make slits on them.
For the 1st Marination, take the whole legs in a bowl and add all the items for the 1st marinade. Mix it well, making sure that the marinade is rubbed inside the slits made earlier.
Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for around 1 hour.
To make the 2nd Marinade, take another bowl and add all the ingredients as shown in the video. Whisk it well to make a uniform and smooth marinade.
Now add the marinated chicken legs to the 2nd marinade and mix it well, making sure the marinade coats the chicken completely and massaged well inside the slits made earlier.
Now cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator for minimum 3 hrs or overnight.
Tandoori chicken Process:
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees C.
- Arrange the marinated chicken legs on a metal rack.
- Slide in the rack/tray in the top slot of the oven.
- Roast for 10 mins at 250 degrees C. After 10 mins, flip the chicken.
- Roast for another 10 mins at 250 degrees C on the other side.
- Flip the chicken legs and baste with melted butter.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees C.
- Roast for a total of another 20 mins at 200 degrees C. Flip the chicken after 10 mins and continue basting with melted butter.
- Remove the tray once the edges of the chicken are lightly charred.
Enjoy your Tandoori chicken
More recipes :
FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES, JOIN US HERE: BEST FLAVORS AND TASTY RECIPES