This Caramel Apple Dump Cake is my favorite dessert recipe for any kind of get-together. Few ingredients, but much pleasure
- 2 20 ounces each cans apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Kraft caramels unwrapped and each cut in half
- 1 box dry yellow cake mix
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, cut into ¼ inch thick pats
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 13×9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together apple pie filling, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the apple mixture into the prepared pan and smooth out evenly.
Arrange the caramels over top of the apple filling. Evenly sprinkle the dry cake mix over the caramels.
Place the pats of butter evenly over the top of the whole dessert.
Bake the dump cake at 350F for 45 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and the edges are bubbling.
Cool slightly before serving.