For this occasion I have decided on a recipe with chocolate, I was already looking forward to a chocolate mousse . As we have a kitchen siphon, it is time to give it more use, don’t you think? We will have an ultralight chocolate foam. I adore chocolate, the more cocoa the better and the chocolate mousse is one of my favorite desserts par excellence.
The chocolate mousse is one of the richest desserts, together with the homemade custard it is one of the most consumed desserts by the little ones and not so little ones, because in my house it is to see something with chocolate and it disappears in a piss.
This mousse has something very special, it is so super light that it is eaten alone, when you realize you have finished it and there is nothing left. Those who are not very chocolatiers are sure to be totally hooked.
As you already know, the use of the kitchen siphon is spreading more and more throughout our homes, being a very versatile and easy-to-use work tool, we should not think that it is a tool that only haute cuisine chefs can use, as proof of this. You have this recipe and our coconut foam with egg yolk sorbet, some recipes that are very accessible to everyone.
With a kitchen siphon and a few loads of N2O we can make lots of recipes that will amaze everyone. Every day more of you dare to use this type of tool and you can see that the end result is very satisfactory.
In both cold and hot foams, a siphon is a tool that helps us to prepare more sophisticated recipes.
SIPHON CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
Thanks to the siphon we can adapt a classic such as chocolate mousse to a recipe full of flavor and consistency, light and irresistible that we will make a thousand times quickly and easily.
Tools to use:
In this recipe we use a half-liter siphon in the case of having a liter siphon you must double the quantities.
A kitchen siphon and a charge of N2O
75 gr Dark Chocolate (70% Cocoa)
250 ml Cream 35% Fat or more
100 ml of Whole Milk
40 Gr. Pure cocoa powder.
25 Gr. White Sugar
1.5 Gelatin Sheets
1 Salt Point
HOW TO MAKE SIPHON CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Soak the gelatin sheets in cold water, we must keep in the refrigerator until use.
- In a saucepan we put the chopped dark chocolate, the cream, the milk and the sugar, we will leave it over medium heat until it is completely melted, we will add the cocoa powder and the pinch of salt.
- When the mixture is completely integrated, we will add the gelatin wafers well drained from the water, stir constantly until the wafers are well fused with the chocolate mixture for the mousse.
- We will let the mixture warm, we can cool it with a container full of ice and on top of it, our saucepan with the mixture. We will strain the mixture into a very fine strainer to free up any remnants of the mixture, this step is very important, we must not leave any thicker remains in our mixture as the siphon could become clogged.
- Pour the mixture into the siphon with the help of a funnel, we will close the siphon well and place the gas charge of (N2O). We will close the gas capsule very well, we will hear a hiss when it is well closed. We will move our siphon well, shaking up and down with very energetic movements, like a shaker and let it rest in the refrigerator for about 12 hours.
- To serve the mousse we will place the siphon upside down, we will press our siphon until we achieve the desired shape of the mousse , the nozzle that we will use is the star one, if we see that with the first attempt it does not come out with that shape, shake the siphon energetically and return to serve to plate. We will place to serve in glasses, plates and decorate to taste.