This salad contains different vegetables and fruits, the thing that gives it a colorful texture in the pre-final shape as you see in the picture.
Divided vegetables and fruits salad gives you the opportunity to taste the differently irresistible flavor of all ingredients. The cutting of components into small cubed pieces allows you smoothly eat the salad.
With the aim to add another flavor. We will make a sweet dressing of onion(sweet onion), but if you find a sweet onion for this recipe, the dressing will be perfect.
Note: Normal onion is too strong, it’s not advised to use it.
Dressing of onion
- 1/2 sweet onion (about 5 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp apple cider or champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 heaped tsp creamy Dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup oil such as grapeseed, olive, walnut
Divided vegetables and fruits
- 5 ounces butter lettuce hearts divided
- 1/2 cup divided ham (I used Black Forest)
- 1/2 cup divided turkey, I love smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup divided bacon
- 1/2 cup divided tomatoes
- 1/2 cup divided cucumber
- 1/2 cup divided hard boiled eggs, about 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup divided Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup divided cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup divided celery
- 1/2 cup divided carrots
- 1/3 cup divided red onion
for the dressing
- Remove the peel and cut the onion in large chunks. Add to the container of a high speed blender such as a Vitamix, along with the vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Blend until well pureed.
- Scrape down the sides of the container, and then, while the machine is running, slowly drizzle in the oil through a hole in the top. The dressing will become thick and creamy.
- Taste to adjust any of the seasonings. Keep refrigerated until needed. Note: this recipe makes more than you’ll need for this salad, keep the leftover in the fridge and plan to use within 2 weeks.
for the salad
- Put the lettuce in a large salad bowl and add each of the other ingredients. If you’d like to do a composed salad you can arrange them attractively in little piles around the lettuce, otherwise just dump them all in.
- Lightly dress and then toss the salad. Serve more dressing on the side.