I think that the only thing that pushed me to make my own waffle is my adoring to sleeping on the weekend. It’s a wonderful feeling to find a delicious plate of your own waffles with maple syrup.
I will list you some steps to make your own waffles. Here is all you need to make it.
- 3 1/2 cups/312g all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup/50g granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Yield: 4 Belgian waffles or 6-8 standard waffles
- 2 cups/256g waffle mix above
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups/ 360g buttermilk
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container until ready to use. To gift, you’ll need two pint jars with a screw-top lid. Place two cups of waffle mixture in each jar.
- Place waffle mix in a large bowl. Stir in wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Pour batter into a heated and buttered waffle iron (capacities will vary). Cook for 5 minutes or until waffles are golden.