Do you like the great taste of Sausage Bake with Potatoes and Gravy recipe Dish? Show me your skills and start to prepare this delicious recipe, and of course, at any time you want.
What you will need to do that?
- 700g / 1.4 lb baby potatoes, halved
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2″/5cm pieces
- 2 red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 8 – 10 sausages (500-700g / 1-1.4lb) (Note 2)
- Oil spray (optional)
- 2 tbsp / 30g melted butter, unsalted
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour (plain / all purpose)
- 2 cups / 500 ml beef broth (or chicken)
- Fresh thyme
To make Sausage Bake with Potatoes and Gravy :
1) Preheat oven to 200C/390F (standard) or 180C/350F (fan / convection).
2) Place Vegetable ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well to coat.
3) Add sausages and toss briefly.
4) Transfer into roasting pan. Pan should be of a size so the vegetables are stacked about 2 deep – see photos and video. Rearrange sausages so they are on top
1) In the same bowl used for the vegetables, add butter and flour. Whisk.
2) Add a bit of beef broth and whisk, then whisk in the remaining broth. (Don’t worry if you end up with some floating butter bits)
3) Pour down the side of the pan (don’t pour over the sausages or veggies).
4) Optional: Spray sausages with oil – browns slightly better (especially lean sausages).
1) Bake 25 minutes. Turn sausages. Spray again with oil (optional) then bake for a further 25 minutes or until sausages are browned and potatoes are soft.
2) Serve Sausages and Vegetables with Gravy on top, garnished with fresh thyme leaves if desired. (See notes for Gravy thickness adjustment)
3) Then it’s ready to serve